The use of almond oil for the skin around the eyes
Almond oil is considered one of the universal products for healing the human body. It is used in cooking, cosmetology and medical purposes. It has been known to mankind since ancient times, the Mediterranean and Asia compete for the right to be called their homeland, although it is made and widely used in many places on the globe.
The chemical composition of almond oil
Almond oil, like all nut-based products, has a high calorie content of 820 kcal per 100 g. Its main components are monounsaturated oleic acid (about 70%) and polyunsaturated linoleic acid (up to 20%).
The remaining elements are presented:
- trace elements of sodium, selenium, copper, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus;
- vitamins B, E, F, A;
- protein substances;
- bioflavonoids and carotenes;
The content of these substances can vary as a percentage, depending on the area where the almonds were collected and its fruit variety (it can be bitter and sweet).
Useful properties and contraindications
This product is considered universal, it is used not only for the specific treatment of any organ or part of the body, but also for prophylactic purposes from:
- pressure problems;
- high cholesterol;
- digestive system problems;
- low vitality;
- poor memory;
- problems with the skin.
It removes harmful elements from the body. It is often used in the preparation of dishes by vegetarians.
In classical medicine, oil is recommended for use with:
- respiratory diseases;
- nervous disorders;
- diabetes mellitus;
Did you know? Almonds translated from Hebrew means «precious divine gift». It was almonds that the staff blossomed in the hands of Moses, the Phoenicians gave his name to one of their goddesses, and the peoples of Central and Central Asia pray with a branch of this plant in their hands.
They are also often treated for childhood skin diseases, stomatitis and diaper rash. There are practically no contraindications to this ingredient. Rarely can a person have individual intolerance to almonds. Although it is practically harmless for allergy sufferers, you should not forget that excessive consumption of almond oil in food can cause problems with being overweight.
The use of oil in cosmetology
Most almond oil is used by cosmetologists.
It is part of:
- various masks.
With ongoing procedures using this product, you can achieve great benefits, especially for adult skin.
Important! Almond oil is often used in the fight against cellulite and turgor of the skin. It should be applied to the problem area and massage.
Almond oil masks:
- remove bruises and dark circles under the eyes;
- effectively fight wrinkles;
- cleanse the skin;
- relieve facial swelling;
- dryness and irritation are removed from the skin.
This component gives the skin elasticity and slows down aging. There are many recipes for making masks based on an almond product at home.
Here are the simplest ones:
- For moisturizing. 1 teaspoon of almond oil, sour cream and honey are applied to the face, washed off after 18-25 minutes.
- Cleansing the skin. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of product and ground coffee mixes well and rubbed into the skin, then you should wash it with water at room temperature.
- Dry hair. Combine 2 teaspoons of almond oil with 1 egg yolk and carefully apply to hair. Wash off after half an hour.
- For the density of eyelashes.Dilute the product with distilled water in a ratio of 1: 5 and apply with a cotton swab to the eyelashes, after half an hour remove it with a moistened towel.
For the skin around the eyes
The skin around the eyes requires special care. In these places, wrinkles, dark circles or swelling often form.
Almond oil helps to cope with such problems, but when applying it, it is worth following a few simple rules:
- The skin on which the product is placed must be clean.
- The substance should be applied with light pats, not rubbing.
- Do not overdo it with the amount of product applied.
Important! In order for masks based on almond nuts to give a positive effect, they should be applied to the face regularly.
The mask may be cool or warm when applied to the skin.
In the manufacture of masks, you can use:
- banana puree;
- egg yolks;
- lemon juice;
- St. John's wort broth;
- pulp of avocado.
This useful component favorably affects not only the skin of the face, in addition it is used:
- As a hand cream. Due to the content of vitamin A in oil, it protects the skin from negative external influences and moisturizes it.
- As an accelerating agent for hair growth. Rubbing this ingredient into the scalp leads to the fact that their growth is accelerated by 1.5–2 times.
- With teenage acne. Almond product has antibacterial properties, it should be applied pointwise to problem areas before bedtime.
- From thermal damage. This oil fights well with all types of burns, regardless - they were caused by the sun or an oven.
- For weight loss. If you take 1 tbsp. spoonful of nut extract per day, you can get rid of toxins and clean the gastric tract.
- When cleaning the face. This product can be removed any kind of makeup, even very waterproof.
Did you know? Most almond raw materials are produced in Mallorca in Spain. On this island, there are about 13 million walnut trees.