What is useful sea buckthorn oil for the oral cavity
Sea buckthorn oil belongs to well-known and natural products, and it can be used to treat various ailments. The drug is often used for diseases of the oral cavity, one of which is stomatitis. The list of useful properties of sea buckthorn oil, the rules for its use in dentistry for children and adults, as well as possible contraindications, are described further in the article.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn fruit oil has healing properties for the human body precisely because of its rich chemical composition.
Did you know? Sea buckthorn is mentioned in the works of philosophers of Ancient Greece. Then the berries were used to treat warriors and sick horses in battle.
It contains such components:
- vitamins (A, B, C, E, K, P);
- macro- and microelements (iron, calcium, cobalt, phosphorus, zinc, etc.);
- amino acids (threonine, lysine, isoleucine, arginine, glycine, carotenoids);
- fatty and organic acids (salicylic, malic, omega-3, omega-6, stearic);
- flavonoids (isoramnetin, rutin, kempferol);
- tannins (coumarins, volatile, pectins).
What is the drug for mouth?
Due to the presence of a large number of vitamins and nutrients, sea buckthorn oil has many valuable qualities for humans.
- The positive effect of the product on the state of the oral cavity is manifested in the following:
- relieves inflammation;
- promotes the regeneration of damaged mucous membranes;
- It has a disinfecting effect, acting against harmful microbes;
- activates local immunity;
- It has an enveloping effect, preventing the spread of infection;
- reduces pain and itching;
- nourishes the mucous membrane, making it immune to infections.
Stomatitis treatment and rules of use
Stomatitis is an inflammation of the oral mucosa and can occur in children of different ages as well as in adults. The disease often develops with weakened immunity or as a result of injury to the gum tissue.
Important! Before using sea buckthorn oil, a sensitivity test must be performed. To do this, a couple of drops of liquid are applied to the wrist and left for 10 minutes - if there is no redness or itching, then the product can be used.
- An accurate diagnosis can only be established by a doctor, but the main signs of stomatitis are:
- general weakness, loss of strength (as with colds);
- discomfort and pain in the oral cavity while eating and drinking;
- redness and swelling of the oral mucosa;
- bleeding gums;
- the appearance of a yellow-white coating on the tongue and inner surface of the cheeks;
- minor ulcers in the oral cavity.
Stomatitis treatment is usually carried out using various drugs of traditional medicine, but considerable benefits can be derived from folk remedies, one of which is sea buckthorn oil. The rules for its use depend on the age of the patient.
Sea buckthorn fruit oil can be used as an adjuvant for the treatment of adult stomatitis. It helps to quickly eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of the disease, healing wounds in the oral cavity and reducing pain.
Recommendations for using the product for adults:
- the oral cavity is treated with a cotton swab dipped in sea buckthorn oil;
- it is especially necessary to smear with a liquid ulcers and damage to the mucous membrane;
- processing is performed 4 times a day until complete recovery;
- with large sizes of wounds, a piece of bandage soaked in sea buckthorn oil is applied to them - the compress is left for 5 minutes, repeating the procedure 4 times a day.
To increase the effectiveness of using sea buckthorn oil for stomatitis, it is recommended that you thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm water before any treatment to remove food debris.
Some pharmacy medicines for stomatitis cannot be prescribed for the treatment of children due to contraindications. In such cases, sea buckthorn oil at room temperature is used to combat the disease. Before using the product, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician.
Did you know? The first drugs used to treat the victims of the Chernobyl accident in 1986 were made on the basis of sea buckthorn.
Features of the use of stomatitis in children:
- oil is applied directly to the affected areas of the oral mucosa with a cotton swab;
- processing is performed 4-5 times a day;
- to rinse the oral cavity, a solution of 250 ml of boiled water and 2-3 drops of sea buckthorn oil is used - the procedure is repeated with a frequency of 2 hours;
- preschool children carry out irrigation of the oral cavity with a similar mixture using a spray bottle - for this child they are laid on their side, performing the procedure 4-5 times a day.
Treatment is continued until all symptoms of stomatitis disappear completely. Using the above actions, you can significantly reduce the unpleasant symptoms of the disease after 2-3 treatments.
Sea buckthorn oil is a completely natural product, so it can be used to treat stomatitis in infants. But in this case, the drug is used with extreme caution, because it can cause allergies and aggravate the course of the disease.
The affected areas of the mucous membrane of the mouth of the baby are gently wiped with a cotton pad dipped in sea buckthorn oil. The procedure is repeated up to 3 times a day, and instead of a cotton pad, you can use a small cotton swab.
Prevention and treatment of small wounds
One of the main reasons for the development of the disease is the presence of minor injuries of the gums and the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. When they appear, you must immediately take measures, treating the damaged area with sea buckthorn oil, taking into account the above recommendations.
In addition, it is necessary to consult a doctor to determine the cause of stomatitis and prevent the recurrence of the disease in the future.
- To prevent the disease, it is recommended to perform the following actions:
- thoroughly brush your teeth 2 times a day using a soft toothbrush made from natural bristles;
- rinse your mouth after each meal;
- Undergo regular preventive examinations at the dentist at least once every six months;
- prevent the occurrence of mechanical damage to the mucous membrane of the oral cavity;
- in the presence of braces or dentures to ensure their proper fit;
- create a balanced diet, including foods high in vitamins and nutrients.
Use of oil in dentistry
Sea buckthorn oil is used in dentistry, that is, it effectively relieves inflammation, pain and itching. In this case, the product is used for direct treatment of gums or diluted with water, preparing a rinse.
Important! To prevent injuries of the oral mucosa, you need to use a soft brush made of natural bristles for brushing your teeth, and also exclude too hard, spicy and salty foods from the diet.
In dentistry, the product is most often used for:
- elimination of unpleasant symptoms during teething in children;
- reduce bleeding gums;
- disinfection of various wounds in the oral cavity;
- decrease in gum sensitivity before extraction of molars;
- regular rinses of the oral cavity in order to eliminate an unpleasant odor;
- treatment of chronic diseases of the teeth and gums, accompanied by inflammation of the oral mucosa (periodontitis, periodontal disease, flux).
Natural sea buckthorn oil does not contain harmful impurities, therefore it is an environmentally friendly product. But despite the many useful properties, the tool also has contraindications, which must be considered when prescribing a course of treatment.
- These include:
- individual intolerance to the product;
- increased susceptibility to allergic reactions;
- acute diseases of the stomach, pancreas, intestines;
- disturbances in the liver;
- the presence of stones in the gallbladder.
Stomatitis can appear in a person at any age and is a very unpleasant disease. But you can quickly get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease and accelerate the restoration of the oral cavity using natural sea buckthorn oil. The product has a number of useful properties and is widely used in dentistry for various diseases.